Treasures of Italy - Preview 2021
Treasures Of Italy – Preview 2021
“Mangia bene, ridi spesso, ama molto,” means “eat well, laugh often and love much.” I don’t think there is any other expression that more completely describes the Italian way of life.” -Annelies Zwijns, Travel Director
- Italian Lakes: For your Dine-Around Evening, you are offered a selection of hand-picked local restaurants to choose from, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine.
- Lake Iseo: Visit a local winery passed down through the generations and taste their latest vintages with a master vintner.
- Venice: Cruise to the charming fisherman’s island of Burano to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and new-found friends.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and be among the select few to admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Admire the Popes’ treasure-trove and witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel. Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
- Rome: Explore the backstreets of Rome and experience local life, alongside a passionate Roman who will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, the Living Room of Rome.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise between the island and mainland by hydrofoil and get a flavour of the jet-set lifestyle with two nights on this famous isle.
- Isle of Capri: Relax and enjoy the views as you are driven in an iconic open-top taxi.
- Isle of Capri: Explore Capri with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios.
- Isle of Capri: Discover the luxuriant Caesar Augustus Gardens with a Local Expert and admire views of the Faraglioni rocks.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery. Visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Cinque Terre: These hidden UNESCO World Heritage protected fishing villages, are ingeniously fashioned into impossibly steep hillsides. Join a Local Expert to travel to them on the 19th century railway line through some of the most dramatic coastal scenery on earth.
- Portofino: Delight in a taste of la dolce vita as you explore this elegant fishing village and cruise to Santa Margherita.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces where once the likes of Casanova would have come calling.
- Scenic Drives: Admire the classic Italian countryside views of Umbria, the rolling hills of Tuscany and the beauty of the Italian Lake District.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome.
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local.
Ancient Pompeii and the Isle of Capri.
The Isle of Dreams.
The Autostrada del Sole to Florence.
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance.
Cinque Terre and Portofino to Santa Margherita.
To Venice with Wine along the way.
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.